Bond Claims

Filing A Claim On A Public Improvement Bond

Filing a claim or lien on a public improvement bond in the New York Metro Area, NJ, or CT

Contractors that do public improvement work (i.e. schools, hospitals, airports, roads, bridges, subways, railroads, etc.) are required to obtain a payment and performance bond issued by an insurance company (a surety) for the benefit of not only the various agencies that hire them but to ensure payment to their various subcontractors and/or suppliers. If you are owed money from a contractor on a public improvement, you may file a claim on that contractor’s bond. There is some information that is necessary to have such as the name of the entity of the public improvement (ex. the MTA, SDA Port Authority), and the name of the insurance company that issued the bond (ex. AIG, Travelers, etc.). If this information is not known to you, we will obtain it for you. We also obtain the correct form for the specific surety to ensure that your claim is filed properly.

A lien on a public improvement bond typically costs $300.00. If you need a public improvement bond claim we encourage you to contact us for a free consultation. Call eLienIt Today!


Thank you!

A representative will review your message shortly.

File a Mechanics Lien

A Mechanic's or Construction Lien attaches the amount you are owed for your materials or services to the title of the property you worked on. Once you have file a lien with eLienit, the property owner cannot sell, transfer or refinance the property until your lien is paid.

Five Boroughs
New Jersey
File A Satisfaction of Mechanic's Lien
Starts at $125

A lien release is when the holder of a lien, or security interest in a piece of property, lifts or waives the lien, rendering the property free to purchase. Rates determined by county - See form for details.

Starts at $125
File An Extension of Your Mechanic's Lien

Your mechanics lien is only valid for one year. You may however, extend it for an additional year prior to the expiration of the first year. Rates determined by county - See form for details.

File Public Entity Improvement Lien

If you worked on a job that is a public entity, i.e, public school, hospital, etc, you will need to file a Public Entity Improvement Lien. Rates determined by county - See form for details.

Satisfaction of Public Improvement Lien

Once your Public Improvement Lien is paid, the public entity will ask you for a satisfaction. We do it all. Rates determined by county - See form for details.